WHY MUNICIPAL FIBER?
Imagine if an ISP existed to put users and citizens at the center — Internet service for the public, by the public. The goal of municipally-owned fiber is to offer safe, fast, widespread, and affordable Internet access across the country.
Although this service is about community growth and prosperity first, not fiscal profit, the benefits to communities will be measurable in economic terms:
- A thriving business district.
- New businesses opening in the town.
- A younger population moving in.
- More families setting down roots in the community.
- Community well-being as a wired-only network preserves public health and safety